Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Beginnings at the Gym

Hi everyone!

So from my introduction post you will know that I have not worked out in a loooooooong time. Part of this was due to not having child care, and part was my motivation levels. Now my son is in kindergarten there are no more excuses! 

                                                                          Gym selfie!

I have started training at Holmes Place, which is the company my partner works for. Some people are put off by gyms as they find them scary or too expensive. I prefer working out in the gym as I put more effort into what I'm doing! Gym membership is cheap enough these days for anyone to join, in the UK and Europe you can join a gym for as little as £10/€10 a month.  I know very little about which machines to use and how they work but there are always instructors on hand to help you out  

I will be getting a little help from some of the Personal Trainers with exercise programmes as I am unsure on the best exercises to do but for now I am keeping it quite basic and doing a cardio warm up and abs workout when I visit the gym. 



This is my last result from Wednesday. I ran 1.17km on the treadmill, which is nothing to a lot of people, but is the first time I have ran that far at a steady speed without stopping. I  am a complete beginner at the gym and my fitness level is quite poor so I am trying to build this up per 0.1 km every visit until I reach 10km. Setting little goals really helps me and gives me something to push further for,

I devised my own abs workout based on exercises from classes I have done in the past. I do a total of 6 different movements, all crunch (sit-up) based and do 15 reps (repetitions) of each. These involve my legs in different positions to try and get all my abs muscles working. 

This is a very little workout which takes me around 20 minutes in total (cardio and abs), but I am already starting to see a difference, I feel healthier and am pleased with the start I am making. Don't be put off if you can't do much the first time you start training. You will see a difference quickly in your fitness levels from regular training and a small amount of exercise is better than none! Plus it's  always a nice treat to finish with a sauna or steam!

Next week I am going to be starting training different areas with a little help from some of the Holmes Place team. I will keep you updated with that. In the meantime keep a look out for my food posts. 

KB x


No comments:

Post a Comment