Saturday, February 15, 2014

Breaking the bad habits

So I'm sitting here after eating a packet of Mini Eggs, a Lion bar, half a bag of Haribo and a can of coke, I feel so sick and have such a bad headache, probably caused by the amount of sugar I've just eaten. I also feel guilty and downhearted that I've 'undone' all my hard work at the gym this week. The reason i'm writing this is to remind myself how horrible I feel right now, but also to remind myself that slip ups are not that bad. 



Last year my partner and I were discussing food and how we would like to live a lifestyle where we eat organic, unprocessed food. I'm even contemplating the idea of growing some of our own fruit, veg and salad (any tips on this would be much appreciated!). This is very hard at times, especially when hungry and looking for a quick energy boost. Today has made me realise that I really need to plan my shopping and meals. I had pretty much cut sugar out of my diet, which is why I'm feeling so bad, but also shows me how sugar can affect the body so much. 



Tonight the notepad is coming out and some serious planning will be happening of meals and snacks for the next few days. I don't even enjoy eating chocolate and sweets as much as I used to, so this should help! From the course I am currently undertaking and the more I am learning about food, my recipes are progressing hopefully to the stage where I can enjoy a completely clean eating lifestyle. 

Slip ups are ok, they are even good as they remind you why you are making the changes in the first place. As long as they  don't happen too often! 

*images courtesy of google. 

4 comments:

  1. i must admit this weekend for me i didn't eat health at all :( i had just won a diet bet so i think i got over excited, I gained 3 pounds over the weekend :O. But i like your idea I'm defiantly planning this weeks meals. Ive done an hour of exercise today too so feeling positive :) xx

    www.minniemichelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww don't be too downheartened I honestly think that slip ups help reevaluate. Your body can fluctuate 2lb per day in weight so it could be down to that also :). I'm back on the clean eating massively today xx

      Delete
  2. Planning and organising is great, but don't beat yourself up for an indulgent day or two, everything is about balance. Everyone has the occasional unhealthy day, and I find that as long as I counter-act it with an extra healthy week I feel ok. Keep at it!
    Tash x
    http://www.balletdancefitness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) feeling better about it, it's really made me think about what I'm eating even more. Starting to see more progress which helps xx

      Delete